Sunday, July 13, 2008

I hope I am never, EVER a single parent!



I have been alone with the kids for 4 days and 3 nights, including a Sunday at church which must be worth an additional day. I admire women who have to raise children by themselves, because I would be nuts!! I am so ready for Tamir to come home in 3 hours. Unfortunately, the kids will be in bed, and probably will be still asleep when he goes to work tomorrow. Make that 5 days and three nights.

Kudos to my mom who had 5 kids from a baby to nine-year-old twins while my dad traveled two weeks at a time before we moved to Texas. It's a wonder she's not in a funny farm. Kudos also to Shauna whose husband was in Iraq for months at a time. OK, and also kudos to Cherisse, who was pregnant and had two other kids to take care of while they wouldn't see Chad for days at a time when he was working for Lehman Brothers. Maybe I'm just a big, whiney wimp.

Just look at this picture to see the wild animals I'm dealing with! (Actually they're doing pretty well, but after an hour or so of jumping on the couch cushions and other roughhousing, they were looking a little rough.)

No comments: